Open Government that listens to the People:
- As your State Representative, Bill will push for open, accountable and transparent government.
- Bill pledges to hold open town hall meetings before each legislative session
Expanding tax relief for seniors:
- Too often the fund that provides tax relief for seniors is dipped into in order to balance the State's budget and that must stop!
- In Nashville, aging adults, particularly Baby Boomers who will account for a 32% increase in the number of people over the age of 65 in the next 25 years. As your legislator, Bill will push for property tax relief for seniors so seniors can afford to continue to live in our neighborhoods.
Jobs, Fair Pay and the Economy:
- In the State House, Bill will fight to end the appalling standard of women making just 77 cents for every dollar a male is paid. Because as a husband, a father and a son, Bill will always stand up against discrimination in our society.
- Bill will fight for good pay for a hard days work for hardworking Tennesseans because they are our most valuable resource.
- Bill will fight for an economy that doesn’t leave our families behind. That means restoring public school funding, increasing the minimum wage, equal pay for equal work and ensuring that our seniors can retire with dignity and security.
Leading the fight for education:
- Bill will lead the fight for universal Pre-Ka and early childhood education.
- Nashville and all of Tennessee benefits when our children and youth are safe, healthy, engaged and learning. We must prepare our youth to be productive participants in economic and civic life. Healthy engaged children and youth add to our vitality.
- Strengthening education for every student. Cutting public education not only hurts our kids but our economy. We must restore public school funding, expand access to education, ensure that teachers get the respect, tools and pay they deserve.
- Bill Beck understands that our children need to have a place to play games, not our community leaders. PARENTS are tired of politicians playing games with our children’s future.
- High quality education must be available for all of our children and youth regardless of what zip code they live in. We want them to have bright futures so we must invest in them today. Changing technology and changing ideas of what is best for our children will never stop. We must be prepared to stay on top of change to stay competitive. We can't do that if we don't make education a budget priority.
- We must protect and provide for our seniors, strengthen TennCare for struggling families and ensure all children, regardless of income, have access to quality affordable healthcare.
- The issue of Medicaid expansion affects nearly a quarter of a million of Tennessee’s working men and women. Bill advocates for expanding coverage to provide quality, affordable care to eliminate the unfair coverage gap among Tennesseans.
- With climate change legislation facing a stalemate at the federal level, Tennessee needs a voice like Bill’s advocating for a greener, more financially sound solution for our community. Investing in renewable energy sources will lessen the burden on traditional forms of energy by utilizing natural resources and ultimately reducing costs.
Have an issue not listed here that you care about? Or do you have more specific issues? Always feel free to contact Bill at email@example.com or 615-229-9000.